Download the new Secondary CPD Brochure Autumn 21/22
Comprehensive Secondary CPD Package
All secondary schools who buy in to the comprehensive package will have access to the following:
- Cultural Competence
- Deputy and Assistant Headteachers’ Conference (2 places)
- Two places on leadership courses (Growing Great Leaders: Pathway 1 - Starting Out and Growing Great Leaders:Pathway 2 - Stepping Up)
- Leadership Forum - School Leaders Breakfast Briefing Updates
- Ofsted Preparation
- SEF in a Day
- Subject Leader Network Meetings (3 twilight sessions x 12 subjects)
- Joint MFL Spanish Conference
- Safeguarding and Child Protection Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) and Inclusion (excluding Makaton and SENCO Conference)
Governance CPD Training Package
The Governance Training package gives you access to:
- How do governors fulfill their professional and ethical responsibility?
- How do governing boards make the right strategic financial choices for their school?
- How do governing boards strategically assess and manage risks in their schools?
- How does the chair of governors shape strong governance and what is distinct about their role?
- Hackney Young Black Men initiative – understanding cultural competency, racial identity and unconscious bias
- How do governors ensure the development of emotional, mental health and wellbeing of children?
- How can governors improve outcomes for those at risk of exclusion and what should they know before considering an exclusion?
- How do governors fulfil their responsibility to safeguard and protect children?
- How do governing boards ensure effective engagement with stakeholders and effectively manage complaints?
- How do governing boards create excellent workplaces that support staff welfare, manage performance and oversee organisational changes?
- What do governors need to know about the Ofsted inspection process?
- What do governors need to know to ensure the performance management of the headteacher leads to school improvement?
- How do governors ensure an inclusive approach for children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities? (Spring 2022)
- How do governing boards observe Key Stage 2 Test (SATs) Administration to assure best practice? (Summer 2022)
- Annual Conference x 2 spaces (Summer 2022)
Inclusion Mini CPD Package
The Inclusion mini package gives you access to:
- Every Leader a Leader of SEND (WSS)
- Inclusion in Action (WSS)
- Cultural Competence: Tackling Disproportionality in Attainment and Exclusion of Young Black Men
- Writing Effective Behaviour Plans and Pastoral Support Programmes (PSP)
- ADHD: Creating an Inclusive Environment
- Building a Resilient Classroom
- Maximising progress for pupils with SEND
- Effective Strategies for engaging children with autism (Spring 2022)
- Every teacher a teacher of SEND (Spring 2022)
Secondary Network Forum Mini CPD Package
These termly meetings provide an invaluable opportunity for subject leaders and coordinators to meet together. They are led by recent or current practitioners with highly successful track records. They provide an opportunity to give subject leads access to national developments and guidance. They provide an important chance to network and share good practice.
The network meetings give middle leaders access to current thinking, research and guidance on developing and managing their subject within national and local context. Subject leaders will be given an opportunity to network and share best practice.
- Art and Design
- Design and Technology
- Music (Music forums are free to all Hackney secondary schools – funded by the Music Hub Grant)
- Religious Education
Special Schools CPD Package
The CPD package gives your school access to over 40 courses delivered by our experienced teams.
Please note a small number of courses are excluded from the CPD package. Where this applies, the price will be shown at the check-out stage of your booking.